The MicroTox® procedure is similar in concept to the Microneedling technique. The “micro” in both of their names refer to the ultra-thin hair-like needles used to penetrate the skin. These tiny needles are virtually painless and allow the Botox® solution to be infused directly into strategic areas throughout the face.
The traditional method of receiving Botox® involves injecting units directly into the muscles, which is intended to help temporarily reduce movement. This relaxes the muscles and ultimately reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The process happens over time and most patients will see their final results within 3-7 days. For many patients with moderate to severe signs of aging, this can be the most beneficial option. Botox® can also be used for many other medical or cosmetic needs, so for some, this will always be the best option.
However, for patients who want to see improvements immediately and simply wish to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, without risking an unnaturally smooth appearance, MicroTox® might be the solution. Benefits of the procedure include:
- Tighten skin around the face, eyes, and neck
- Slimmer jawline
- Reduced appearance of crow’s feet and drooping around the eyelids
- Lifts brows
- Helps diminish under-eye sag
- Improves cheek “crepiness”
- Decreases pore size
- Help reduce facial flushing and sweating
- Soften the appearance of dimpling in the chin
- Contour and slim nasal structure
- Tighten skin on neck and décolletage